Excerpts from NFLCC Gazette article submitted by Roy Jones, Lansing MI:
Fred Phillips returned to Blanchard MI, after his employer, The Durant Motor Co, closed operation in 1926. Phillips initially made lures for his personal use. Then sold lures to friends and local fisherman out of his home. He later sold them out of a local Barber shop. It is believed most of his lures were made in the 1930s and 40s.